Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Honda 2011 accord - 5 star safety
05-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Honda 2011 accord - 5 star safety
The 2011 Accord has earned a 5 star safety rating in every one of NHTSA's combined safety rating components. And that is actually quite an accomplishment to be honest, especially since NHTSA has only recently established even more strict new NCAP standards in terms of safety of automobiles.

The Accord has been designed in such a way that it keeps the driver away from danger. There is a Vehicle Stability Assist that helps will help the driver sense over and under steering in a dangerous situation, and will then adjust brake pressure at every wheel and brings down the engine power to help the driver maintain control of the car.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2011, 02:35 AM
RE: Honda 2011 accord - 5 star safety
It's truly an accomplishment and this not something to be surprised about, since the accord is a leader in several countries in its line of vehicles
05-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah I believe that having the vehicle sense feture does bring in a lot of points for the new accord. I have driven an old one. Was not too bad
05-04-2011, 10:06 PM
(05-01-2011 09:20 PM)topdog1 Wrote:  The 2011 Accord has earned a 5 star safety rating in every one of NHTSA's combined safety rating components. And that is actually quite an accomplishment to be honest, especially since NHTSA has only recently established even more strict new NCAP standards in terms of safety of automobiles.

It is for sure not easy to get a rating from them considering the fact that they have very strict requirement. A big deal for Honda
05-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Now that's great use of technology. Honda is really working hard to draw the safety line of drivers. Let's see what the competitors have to say about this!
05-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Those names of the organizations really put me to sleep. But honestly, what have they installed in the car that won it the award huh?
05-12-2011, 08:04 PM
(05-10-2011 06:53 AM)carfreak Wrote:  Those names of the organizations really put me to sleep. But honestly, what have they installed in the car that won it the award huh?

yeah pretty long names man, but having an award from those guys will affirm them as leaders in the market. It's really an accomplishment.
05-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Yes, that's what awards are mean for right? I wonder what new things have they added in the car. safety, i can't think of more than seat belts and air cushion.
05-13-2011, 06:54 PM
(05-13-2011 07:59 AM)carfreak Wrote:  Yes, that's what awards are mean for right? I wonder what new things have they added in the car. safety, i can't think of more than seat belts and air cushion.

The Vehicle Stability assist mentioned in the first post is for one. It allows the driver to control over and under steering in difficult or hazardous situations.

The fact that the engine power changes to help the driver maintain control is also quite useful.